Marketing & Public Relations Intern
Marketing and Public Relations Intern Job Description
· Assist with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) for various clients and agency page
· Help with the distribution of various client related marketing collateral (posters, flyers, etc.) around Winston-Salem
· Submit relevant client events to area community calendars
· Writing of press releases and other misc. assignments for client newsletters, etc.
· Coordinate news coverage “tracking” mechanisms for select clients uses Google news alerts and media monitoring services
· Develop misc. targeted mailing lists for client projects
· Assist with special events as needed
Desired Candidate should have:
· Interest in marketing, public relations or communications. Related coursework is beneficial.
· Ideal candidate would be a rising undergraduate junior or senior
· Marketing/communications work or volunteer experience a plus
· Required experience demonstrating proficiency in social media and strong writing skills
· Strong interpersonal and relationship skills as well as highly organized and detail oriented
· Work schedule is flexible—but intern must be able to work at least 12-15 hours per week but could be up to 20-25 hours per week. Schedule should remain consistent once set.
· Internship is for May-August. If both parties agree, internship could be extended for fall semester in some form.
· Candidate needs to have accesss to a vehicle to run errands/conduct work (mileage would be reimbursed) and personal computer/laptop
· Flat stipend is offered at the end of the internship based on effort and performance.